Silky

petite, bohemian, feminine goth lady, femme fatale, and sexy trollop of wild abandon...
prostitute of the streets, kept woman, whore...I am all of these...with total abandon

'in truth…she is a salamander, she is a nymph…she is a bacchante of the menelean mount.'

My Desires:

all of France, especially Paris
Italian men
sultry dark eyes
the seductive feel of black velvet and black silk
black garters and black silk stockings
esoterica
the occult
blood vampirism
erotica
the night

Venus

Venus

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pulp Art - Pulp Hookers

I've always enjoyed vintage retro pulp art; I find it both fascinating and humourous.  I recently discovered these examples of pulp art book covers from the 1940s and 1950s and get a kick out of their campiness as well as their lurid quality.  I often wonder if readers all those decades ago actually took this material seriously!











2 comments:

  1. lol these are so campy!
    I quite like the first one. and the last one is very funny! where did you find these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like these! I found them via Google while looking up references for pulp and retro book and magazine covers.

    ReplyDelete

Whore

Whore

Marie's shared items

Followers

"So sweet and delicious do I become,
when I am in bed with a man
who, I sense, loves and enjoys me,
that the pleasure I bring excels all delight,
so the knot of love, however tight
it seemed before, is tied tighter still."
— Veronica Franco (Poems and Selected Letters)

Sultan's Favorite

Sultan's Favorite